Health, Safety and Environment Advisor Belgium
Nuscience is the key partner for feed manufactures worldwide. We are a global player in premixes, concentrates, nutritional concepts and feed additives in the animal nutrition industry. Nuscience is part of the Agrifirm Group and has presently about 1200 employees and supplies products to more than 80 countries. It generates an annual turnover in excess of € 450 million and has 12 production locations around the world. To support our sustainable and strong growth we are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor Belgium.
As HSE Advisor Belgium you roll-out and implement our global health, safety and environment regulations in Belgium and assure that our Belgian ‘Factory of the Future’ site applies all legal HSE requirements. Next to that, you will support international Health & Safety projects together with the HSE EMEA team. You have an active role in building a safe culture within our organisation.
As HSE Advisor Belgium your responsibilities are:
- You implement procedures and processed concerning protection and prevention at work. You reassure that these regulations are obeyed within the organisation.
- You proactively detect possible hazards and risks at work and analyse & evaluate these to propose possible safety measures. You do this by continuously controlling our factory, collect possible risks and near misses, work out work station sheets, etc.
- By collecting possible risks and near misses or work accidents, you will also track down possible causes together with your colleague. This information will be the basis for further development of our wellbeing policy, safety regulations and risk management.
- You will keep an eye on the compliance of our employees to the applicable procedures at work and will foresee the necessary external trainings for employees across departments. You will organise internal safety trainings and toolboxes as well.
- After work related incidents or accidents, you investigate the cause and start looking for a long-term solution in collaboration with the different departments involved.
- You fulfill the formal role of environmental coordinator within the Belgian sites.
- You promote an environmentally responsible sustainability policy and take initiatives to maintain it, to communicate it attractively and to further develop it.
- Also you oversee compliance with relevant legislation, permits and internal rules and standards
- Next to these tasks, you will support our HSE Manager EMEA with similar HSE projects and administration on an international level.
- You are expected to continuously keep yourself up-to-date on HSE regulations and evolutions in the domain of prevention at work.
- You have a first work experience in a similar function.
- You obtained your Master’s degree as Engineer, or your Bachelor’s degree in a technical direction. Next to that, you have a strong interest in technicality.
- You are a fast learner and are highly motivated: you like to get to work and take initiative.
- You have a degree as Prevention Advisor level 1 or 2.
- You are in possession of a degree of environmental coordinator A or B, or are prepared to achieve this at short term.
We offer you an exciting job with responsibilities and challenges in a dynamic and multicultural company. You can count on a competitive and attractive salary with non-statutory benefits. Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com with reference ‘HSE Advisor Belgium’.